The Academy of Scientific Research & Technology (ASRT) was established in September 1971 by the Presidential Decree No 2405 as the national authority responsible for science & technology in Egypt. In 1998, ASRT was reorganized by the Presidential Decree No 377 that further defined and strengthened its mission, function and activities.
ASRT is the Egyptian house of expertise. It brings together outstanding Egyptian scientists and experts from universities, research institutions, private sector, NGOs, policymakers and prominent Egyptian scientists in Diaspora to deliberate country problems, propose and carry out scientific studies and future strategic basic plans to tackle these problems.
ASRT adopts a comprehensive plan for developing Egyptian S&T to support relevant national ministries and research institutions in creating an integrated system of scientific research together for increasing the number of trained scientists in Egypt, and giving science a leading role in the country’s development and knowledge based economy. ASRT also promotes and encourages female and youth participation in S&T and scientific leadership.
Others partners :
- University of Cyprus (UCY Cyprus)
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport(AASTMT Egypt)
- Universite de la Manouba (UMA Tunisia)
- Centre de Calcul El Khawarizmi (CCK Tunisia)
- Ain Shams University (ASU Egypt)
- Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (UNIROMA1 Italy)
- Sfax University (USF Tunisia)
- Academy for Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT Egypt)
#pythagoras #ErasmusPlus #europeanunion #project #partners #Tunisia #Egypt #italy #cyprus #higher_education #Curriculum_design_and_development #Identification_of_skills_needs #Entrepreneurship #Competitiveness #Innovation #Research_and_Development #Numerical_methods_in_science #solving_real_world_problems